Ancestry of Queen
Queen of the United Kingdom
- 11th Great-grandfather of Elizabeth II — 14th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- John Seymour
- Margery Wentworth
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1500
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 22 Jan 1552
- Death Location:
- Tower Hill, London, England
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- St. Peter ad Vincula, Tower of London, London, England
- Spouse Name:
- Anne Stanhope
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
Edward Seymour (Ahnentafel No:7368 )
1st Duke of Somerset and Lord Protector of King Edward VI
Edward Seymour was executed for scheming to overthrow John Dudley, Earl of Warwick, as Lord President of the Council.
Additional marriages for Edward Seymour
- Catherine Filiol
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Edward Seymour
- 1 The American Genealogist, 1989, Vol. 64, p. 99.
- 2 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 150.
- 3 Roberts, Gary Boyd and Christopher C. Child, "The Shared Ancestry of (Rachel) Meghan Markle and Prince Harry of Wales", (accessed 11/30/2017).
- 4 Urban, Sylvanus, The Gentleman's Magazine and Historical Chronicle: From June to December, 1822, Vol. 92, London: John Nichols and Son (1822), 320.
- 5 Wikipedia, "Edward Seymour, 1st Duke of Somerset", _1st_Duke_of_Somerset, (accessed 04/14/2014).
Elizabeth II photo by Eric Draper