Ancestry of Queen
Queen of the United Kingdom
- Mother of Elizabeth II — 2nd Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Claude George Bowes-Lyon
- Cecilia Nina Cavendish-Bentinck
- Birth Date:
- 4 Aug 1900
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 30 Mar 2002
- Death Location:
- Royal Lodge, Windsor, Berkshire, England
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- George VI, King of the United Kingdom
- Marriage Date:
- 26 Apr 1923
- Marriage Location:
- Westminster Abbey, London, England
Elizabeth II, Queen of the United Kingdom (Ahnentafel No:1 )
Margaret Rose, Countess of Snowden
Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother
Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon's full name is Elizabeth Angela Marguerite Bowes-Lyon.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon
- 1 New England Ancestors Magazine, Fall 2002, Vol. 3.4, p. 35.
- 2 Paget, Gerald, The Lineage and Ancestry of H.R.H. Prince Charles, Prince of Wales, Vol. 1, Edinburgh and London: Charles Skilton Ltd (1977), 130.
- 3 Rietwiesner, William Addams, comp. and Christopher Challender Child, et. al., The Ancestry of Catherine Middl eton, Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2011), 111.
- 4 Roberts, Gary Boyd, "#88 Royal Descents, Notable Kin, and Printed Sources Additions to Ancestors of American Pres idents, 2009 Edition", www.americanancestors.org/additions-to-ancestors-of-american-presidents, (accessed 10/26/2014).
- 5 Roberts, Gary Boyd and Christopher C. Child, "The Shared Ancestry of (Rachel) Meghan Markle and Prince Harry of Wales", (accessed 11/30/2017).
- 6 The Official Website of The British Monarchy, "House of Windsor Family Tree", (accessed 11/30/2012).
- 7 Wikipedia, "Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother", (accessed 05/11/2011).
Elizabeth II photo by Eric Draper