- 22nd Great-grandfather of Tilda Swinton — 25th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- William de Aubeney
- Maud Fitzrobert
- Birth Date:
- AFT 1146
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 01 or 07 MAY 1236
- Death Location:
- Uffington, Lincolnshire, England
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Newstead, Lincolnshire, England
- Spouse Name:
- Margaret de Umfreville
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
William de Aubeney (Ahnentafel No:11610274 )
Odinel de Aubeney
Robert de Aubeney
Nicholas de Aubeney
Magna Carta Surety
Lord of Belvoir
William de Aubeney's surname is also seen as d'Aubigny and d'Albini.
William de Aubeney's body was buried at Newstead, Lincolnshire, but his heart was removed and buried at Belvoir Priory.
William de Aubeney
Additional marriages for William de Aubeney
- Agatha Trussebut
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for William de Aubeney
- 1 Burke, Sir Bernard and Ashworth P. Burke, Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage, Baronetage, the Privy Council, Knightage ..., 76th edition, London: Harrison & Sons (1914), 607.
- 2 Richardson, Douglas, Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2013), Vol. IV, p. 11.
- 3 Richardson, Douglas and Kimball G. Everingham, editor, Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, 2nd edition, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2011), Vol. 1, pp. 69-73.
- 4 Taylor, Rev. R. V., "Ribston and the Knights Templar", The Yorkshire Archaeological Journal, Volume 7 (1882), 432-433.
- 5 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al., The Magna Charta Sureties, 1215: The Barons Named in the Magna Charta, 1215 and Some of their . . ., 5th edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (Third Printing, 2006), 1, 188.
- 6 Wikipedia, "William d'Aubigny (rebel)", (accessed 02/23/2010).
- 7 Wurts, John S., Magna Charta, New York: Brookfield Publishing Company (1942), 41-42, 1647.