14th U.S. President
- 3rd Great-grandfather of Franklin Pierce — 6th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Thomas Pierce
- Elizabeth -----
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1618
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 6 Nov 1683
- Death Location:
- Woburn, Middlesex, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Elizabeth Cole
- Marriage Date:
- 6 May 1635
- Marriage Location:
- Charlestown (now Boston), Suffolk, Massachusetts
Stephen Pierce (Ahnentafel No:16 )
Some secondary sources list the marriage date and location for Thomas Pierce and Elizabeth Cole as 06 MAY 1635 in Charlestown (now Boston), Massachusetts. I have not been able to find any evidence to support this. In fact, I have not found any evidence that Thomas Pierce was in New England by 1635. He is not included in Robert Charles Anderson's The Great Migration series which casts doubt on the marriage date and location.
Thomas Pierce Jr.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Thomas Pierce Jr.
- 1 New England Ancestors Magazine, Fall 2005, Vol. 6, Iss. 4, p. 40.
- 2 The American Genealogist, 1979, Vol. 55, p. 143.
- 3 Woburn, MA: Vital Records to 1873, p. 8005, Birth record for son James Pierce.
- 4 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol . 1, A-F, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 429.
- 5 Brogan, Hugh and Charles Mosley, American P residential Families, New York: Macmillan Publishing Company (1993), 419-421.
- 6 Crane, Ellery Bicknell, ed., Historic Homes and Institutions and Genealogical and Personal Memoirs of Worcester County, Ma ssachusetts, Vol. 1, New York and Chicago: The Lewis Publishing Company (1907), 449.
- 7 Pierce, Frederic Beech, Pierce Genealogy: Being the Record of the Posterity of Thomas Pierce, An Early Inhabitant o f Charlestown . . ., Worcester: Press of Chas. Hamilton (1882), xvii.
- 8 Snow, Nora Emma, The Snow-Estes Ancestry, 2 Vols., Hillburn, NY: Privately Printed (1939), Vol. 1, pp. 257, 260-262, 271.