Jane (Appleton) Pierce
First Lady of President Franklin Pierce
- 5th Great-grandmother of Jane (Appleton) Pierce — 8th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Thomas Thorne
- Mary Purefoy
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 5 Mar 1559/1560
- Christening Location:
- Yardley Hastings, Northampton, England
- Death Date:
- AFT May 1589
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Roger Dudley
- Marriage Date:
- 8 Jun 1575
- Marriage Location:
- Lidlington, Bedfordshire, England
Thomas Dudley (Ahnentafel No:86 )
Susanna Thorne's given name is also seen as Susan.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Susanna Thorne
- 1 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1911, Vol. 65, p. 189.
- 2 The American Genealogist, 1932, Vol. 9, pp. 221.
- 3 The American Genealogist, 1959, Vol. 35, p. 27.
- 4 The Cambridge Historical Society, Publications 14, Proceedings for the Year 1919, Cambridge, Massachusetts: by the Society (1926), 83.
- 5 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 1, A-F, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 584.
- 6 McLean, Hulda Hoover, Genealogy of the Herbert Hoover Family, Stanford, California: The Hoover Institution on War, Revolution and Peace, Stanford University (1967), fold-out chart between pages 4 and 5.
- 7 Richardson, Douglas, Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2013), Vol. 2, pp. 476-477.
- 8 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 214, 216.
- 9 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants to the American Colonies, Quebec, or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (2018), 370.
- 10 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 360-361, 663.
- 11 Watson, Marston, Royal Families: Americans of Royal and Noble Ancestry, Volume 1, Governor Thomas Dudley and Descendants . . ., 2nd Ed., Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (2004), 1.
- 12 Wikipedia, "Thomas Dudley", (accessed 04/27/2011).