Female Revolutionary War Veteran
- 1st Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Jonathan Samson Jr.
- Deborah Bradford
- Birth Date:
- 17 Dec 1760
- Birth Location:
- Plympton, Plymouth, Massachusetts
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 29 Apr 1827
- Death Location:
- Sharon, Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
Female Revolutionary War veteran known as “Robert Shirtliff”
Deborah Sampson disguised herself as a man and served in the Revolutionary War. She was wounded in 1782 and discharged in 1783. She went by the name of Robert Shurtleff while in the army.
Deborah Sampson's maiden name is also seen as Samson.
Marriages for Deborah Samson
- Benjamin Gannett
- Marriage Date:
- 7 Apr 1785
- Marriage Location:
- Stoughton, Norfolk, Massachusetts
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Deborah Samson
- 1 Lainhart, Ann Smith and Robert S. Wakefield, Mayflower Families Through Five Generations: Vol. 22, William Bradford, Plymouth, Massachusetts: General Society of Mayflower Descendants (2004), 138, 552-553.
- 2 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Mayflower 500: Five Hundred Notable Descendants of the Founding Families on the Mayflower, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2020), 473.
- 3 Wakefield, Robert S. and Russell L. Warner, Mayflower Families Through Five Generations: Vol. 14, Family of Myles Standish, Plymouth, Massachusetts: General Society of Mayflower Descendants (2007), 77.
- 4 Wikipedia, "Deborah Sampson", (accessed 08/30/2019).