Female Revolutionary War Veteran
- 6th Generation — 3rd Great-grandfather of Deborah Samson
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1584
- Birth Location:
- prob. The Isle of Man
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 3 Oct 1656
- Death Location:
- Duxbury, Plymouth, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Barbara -----
- Marriage Date:
- from 01 JUL 1623 to 24 MAR 1623/1624
- Marriage Location:
- Plymouth, Plymouth Co., Massachusetts
Alexander Standish (Ahnentafel No:18 )
There is much debate about whether or not Myles Standish was from Isle of Man, or from Duxbury Hall in Lancashire, England.
No evidence has been found to support claims that Thomas Standish of Wethersfield, Connecticut, was a son of Myles Standish. Thomas did not appear in the will of Myles.
Additional marriages for Myles Standish
- Rose - - - - - -
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Myles Standish
- 1 Anderson, Robert Charles , The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol . 1, A-F , Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995) , 575.
- 2 Roberts, Gary Boyd , The Mayflower 500: Five Hundred Notable Descendants of the Founding Fa milies on the Mayflower , Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2020) , 29, 57, 69, 114, 125, 308, 346, 365, 404.
- 3 Roser, Susan E. , Mayflowe r Increasings, 2nd Edition , Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (1997) , 106.
- 4 Sherman, Robert Moody et. al. , Mayflower Families Through Five Generations: Vol. 15, James Chilton-Richard More , Plymouth, Massachusetts: General Society of Mayflower Descendants (2013) , 15.
- 5 Sprague, Waldo Chamberlain , Genealogies of the Families of Braintree, Mass., 1640-1850: Including the modern towns of Ran dolph . . . , Boston, Masssachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2001) , 60, American Ancestors Digital Collections.
- 6 Wakefield, Robert S. and Russell L. Warner , Mayflower Families Through Five Generations: Vol. 14, Family of Myles Standish , Plymouth, Massachusetts: General Society of Mayflower Descendants (2007) , 1-3.
- 7 Wakefield, Robert S., ed. , ""Mayflower Families Through Five Generations: Vol. 20, Part 1, Henry Samson , Plymouth, Massachusetts: General Society of Mayflower Descendants (2000) , 9.
- 8 Williams, Alicia Crane, ed. , Mayflowe r Families through Five Generations: Vol. 16, Part 1, Family of John Alden , Plymouth, Massachusetts: General Society of Mayflower Descendants (1999) , 39.