40th Governor of Virginia
- 12th Great-grandfather of Fitzhugh Lee — 15th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- John Sutton V
- Constance Blount
- Birth Date:
- 25 Dec 1400
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Barton-under-Needwood, Staffordshire, England
- Death Date:
- 30 Sep 1487
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Elizabeth Berkeley
- Marriage Date:
- AFT 14 Mar 1420/1421
- Marriage Location:
John Sutton Dudley
Edmund Sutton (Ahnentafel No:12868 )
1st Baron Dudley
John Sutton VI
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for John Sutton VI
- 1 The American Genealogist, 1975, Vol. 51, p. 170.
- 2 The American Genealogist, 2004, Vol. 79, pp. 19-20.
- 3 American Society of Genealogists, The Genealogist, Rockport, Maine: Picton Press, 1984, Vol. 5, No. 2, p. 134.
- 4 Luther, George A., editor and compiler, The Luther Genealogy: A History of the Descendants of Captain John Luther, Who Arrived in the Massachusetts Bay Colony, 1630-1635, Penobscot Press (2001), 81.
- 5 Richardson, Douglas and Kimball G. Everingham, Plantagenet Ancestry: A Study in Colonial & Medieval Families, 2nd Edition, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2011), Vol. 1, p. 92.
- 6 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 312, 330, 351.
- 7 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 661.
- 8 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al., Ancestral Roots of Certain American Colonists Who Came to America Before 1700, 8th Edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2004), 85-86.
- 9 Whittelsey, Charles Barney, comp., Genealogy of the Whittelsey - Whittlesey Family, Hartford, Connecticut: Press of The Case, Lockwood and Brainard Co. (1898), 29.
- 10 Wikipedia, "John Sutton, 1st Baron Dudley", _1st_Baron_Dudley, (accessed 02/15/2012).