Edward Lloyd V
13th Governor of Maryland
- 6th Great-grandmother of Edward Lloyd V — 9th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Roger Fowke
- Margery Morton
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Walter Grosvenor
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
Gawen Grosvenor (Ahnentafel No:202 )
Sources disagree on the father of Joyce Fowke. Her father has been identified as Roger Fowke, John Fowke (son of Roger), and Joseph Fowke. However, when Joyce's first husband Walter Grosvenor of Bushbury gave his pedigree for the Visitation of 1585, he named Joyce as a daughter of Roger Fowke of Gunston, Staffordshire. Also in the Visitation of 1619, her son Gawen Grosvenor identified her more specifically as the 3rd daughter of Roger Fowke of Gunston.
Additional marriages for Joyce Fowke
- John Dyott
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Joyce Fowke
- 1 Burke, J. Bernard, A Genealogical and Heraldic Dictionary of the Landed Gentry of Great Britain and Ireland for 1852, Vol. 1, A to O, London: Colburn and Company (1852), 281.
- 2 Erdeswick, Sampson, A Survey of Staffordshire: Containing the Antiquities of the County, London: J. B. Nichols and Son (1844), 352.
- 3 Nichols, John Gough, editor, The Herald and Genealogist, London: J. G. Nichols and R. C. Nichols, Printers to the Society of Antiquaries (1870), Vol. 5, p. 43.
- 4 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 414.
- 5 Virginia Historical Society, The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Volume 29, No. 1, January 1921, Richmond, VA: Old Dominion Press (April 1921), 127.
- 6 Withington, Lothrop, Virginia Gleanings in England: Abstracts of 17th and 18th Century English Wills and Administrations . . ., Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (1980), 382.