Charles Carnan Ridgely
15th Governor of Maryland
- 3rd Great-grandfather of Charles Carnan Ridgely — 6th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- (probable) Tyringham Norwood
- (probable) Anne Boteler
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1603
- Birth Location:
- Wykeham, Spalding, Lincolnshire, England
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
Susannah Norwood (Ahnentafel No:29 )
Harry Newman in his "To Maryland from Overseas" states the following about John Norwood:
“John Norwood who emigrated to Anne Arundel Co. 1650 from Virginia was born 1605 at Wykeham Abby, Lincolnshire, and was the son of Tyringham Norwood (1576-1625) at Wykeham, Spaulding, Linc. - REF: Professional English research commissioned in 1961 by Norwood descendant.”
This "professional" research is what links John Norwood of Virginia to Tyringham Norwood of England. More evidence is needed to solidify the link.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for John Norwood
- 1 Bannerman, W. Bruce, ed., Miscellanea Genealogica Et Heraldica: Fourth Series, London: Mitchell, Huges, and Clarke (1910), Vol. III, Page 176.
- 2 Doliante, Sharon J., Maryland and Virginia Colonials: Genealogies of Some Colonial Families, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (1991), 361.
- 3 Newman, Harry Wright, To Maryland from Overseas: A Complete Digest of the Jacobite Loyalists Sold into White Slaver y in Maryland and . . ., Annapolis: Harry Wright Newman (1982), 130.
- 4 Warfield, Joshua Dorsey, The Founders of Anne Arundel and Howard Counties, Maryland: A Genealogical and Biographical R eview . . ., Baltimore, Maryland: Kohn and Pollock (1905), 161.