12th U.S. President
- Great-grandmother of Zachary Taylor — 4th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- AFT 1752
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Francis Strother
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
William Strother (Ahnentafel No:6 )
Some sources state that Susannah Dabney was a daughter of Cornelius Dabney and Sarah Jennings. This has since been proven false. Another source claims John Dabney and Sarah Jennings. I have not seen any evidence to support this latter claim. There are numerous other claims as well. Further research is needed to see if any of the claims have merit.
View famous kin of Susannah Dabney
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Susannah Dabney
- 1 Genealogies of Virginia Families: From Tyler's Quarterly Historical and Genealogical Magazine, Baltimore, Maryland: Reprinted for Clearfield Company by Genealogical Publishing Company (2007), Vol. 1, p. 180.
- 2 Publications of the Southern History Association, 1898, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 159-160.
- 3 Armstrong, Zella, comp., Notable Southern Families: Volume 1, Chattanooga, Tennessee: The Lookout Publishing Company (1918), 88.
- 4 Brogan, Hugh and Charles Mosley, American Presidential Families, New York: Macmillan Publishing Company (1993), 403.
- 5 Mackenzie, George Norbury, ed., Colonial Families of the United States of America, Vol. 5, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1995, originally published 1912), 493.
- 6 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 229, 315.
- 7 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 513, 572.