12th U.S. President
- 3rd Great-grandmother of Zachary Taylor — 6th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- AFT 4 Apr 1716
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- William Strother
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1651
- Marriage Location:
William Strother Jr. (Ahnentafel No:24 )
There appears to be an ongoing debate as to whether or not Dorothey's maiden name was Savage. There was a neighbor of William and Dorothy Strother named Anthony Savage, but there appears to be no evidence to support the claim that Dorothy's maiden name was Savage.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Dorothy -----
- 1 New England Ancestors Magazine , 2004, Vol. 5, No. 2, p. 42, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 2 Publications of the Southern History Association , 1898, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 150-151, Internet Archive (Digital Library).
- 3 Register of Kentucky State Historical Society , 1927, Vol. 25, No. 75, p. 294, JSTOR (Digital Library).
- 4 Carter, Jeff , Ancestors of Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter , Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland and Company, Inc. (2012) , 72.
- 5 Roberts, Gary Boyd , The Royal Descents of 600 Immig rants to the American Colonies or the United States , Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008) , 229.
- 6 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp. , Ancestor s of American Presidents , Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009) , 572.
- 7 Strother, Edward L. , The Strother Family: 300 Years from Virginia to Louisiana , Baltimore, Maryland: Gateway Press (2002) , 2-6, FamilySearch.org (Online Database).