Ancestry of Dr.
Hawley H. Crippen
Murderer in Erik Larson's “Thunderstruck”
- 3rd Great-grandfather of Hawley H. Crippen — 6th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- (probable) Ebenezer Skinner
- (probable) Sarah Lord
- Birth Date:
- 17 Jan 1707/1708
- Birth Location:
- Colchester, New London, Connecticut
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 3 Apr 1773
- Death Location:
- Bolton, Tolland, Connecticut
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Martha Kinne
- Marriage Date:
- 30 Apr 1729
- Marriage Location:
- Preston, New London, Connecticut
Daniel Skinner (Ahnentafel No:24 )
Some published sources claim that this Joseph Skinner married Ruth Strong in 1741. They are confusing this Joseph Skinner with one born in 1723. The Joseph Skinner who married Ruth Strong was a first cousin of this Joseph and the son of Benjamin Skinner and Ruth Dixon.
There are also published claims that this Joseph Skinner died at Bolton, Connecticut 03 APR 1773. However, it would appear that the Joseph who died in Bolton may have been the son of John Skinner and Sarah Porter.
More research is needed to sort out all of the men named Joseph Skinner who were living in New England at around the same time.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Joseph Skinner
- 1 Connecticut, U.S., Church Record Abstracts, 1630-1920, Baptism record for son Daniel Skinner.
- 2 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1899, Vol. 53, p. 403.
- 3 Jacobus, Donald Lines, ed., The Ancestry of Lorenzo Ackley and his Wife Emma Arabella Bosworth, Woodstock, Vermont: N. Grier Parke, II (1960), 279, incorrectly gives Joseph's wife as Ruth Strong.
- 4 Mathews, Alfred, History of Wayne, Pike, and Monroe Counties, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia: R.T. Peck and Company (1886), 455.
- 5 Wahl, Mrs. Gordon A., The Skinner Kinsmen: The Descendants of Joseph and Martha (Kinne) Skinner of Connecticut, Ne w York and Pennsylvania, Niagara Falls, New York: n.p. (1958), 8-10.
- 6 White, Lorraine Cook, ed., Connecticut, U.S., Town Marriage Records, pre-1870 (Barbour Collection), originally published as The Barbour Collection of Connecticut Town Vital Records, Vol. 1-55, Marriage record for Joseph Skinner and Ruth Strong.