Rowland H. Macy
Founder of Macy's
- 3rd Great-grandfather of Rowland H. Macy — 6th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Thomas Macy
- Sarah Hopcot
- Birth Date:
- 14 Sep 1655
- Birth Location:
- Salisbury, Essex, Massachusetts
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 14 Dec 1691
- Death Location:
- Nantucket, Nantucket Co., Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Deborah Gardner
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
- prob. Nantucket, Nantucket Co., Massachusetts
Richard Macy (Ahnentafel No:16 )
Some published sources give John Macy's death date as 14 OCT. However, the vital records have it as 14th, 10 mo. which would make the month of his death DEC. The same situation occurs with his birth date where 14 JUL 1655 is often claimed when it should be 14 SEP 1655.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for John Macy
- 1 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Nantucket, Vol. 2, p. 282, Birth record for John Macy in Salisbury.
- 2 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Nantucket, Vol. 5, p. 422, Death record for John Macy.
- 3 Hinchman, Lydia S., Early Settlers of Nantucket: Their Associates and Descendants, 2nd Edition, Philadelphia: Ferris and Leach (1901), 275-276.
- 4 Hinchman, Lydia S., Early Settlers of Nantucket: Their Associates and Descendants, 3rd Edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Reprinted for Clearfield Company Inc. by Genealogical Publishing Co., In c. (1926), 221.
- 5 Macy, Silvanus J., Genealogy of the Macy Family from 1635 - 1868, Albany: Joel Munsell (1868), beware frequent errors in dates, 67-68.
- 6 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 204.