Rowland H. Macy
Founder of Macy's
- 4th Great-grandmother of Rowland H. Macy — 7th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1620
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Death Location:
- Nantucket, Nantucket Co., Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Founders Burial Ground, Nantucket, Nantucket Co., Massachusetts
- Spouse Name:
- Peter Folger
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
- Nantucket, Massachusetts
John Folger (Ahnentafel No:38 )
Researcher Della Gray Barthelmas (The Signers of the Declaration of Independence, 1997, p. 77) states that Mary Morrill was the granddaughter of Isaac Morrill and Sarah Clement. There are a number of problems with this statement.
First, Sarah Clement married Abraham Morrill and not his brother Isaac (see Robert Charles Anderson's The Great Migration series of books, specifically the entries for Abraham and Isaac Morrill).
Second Mary Morrill was born about 1624 based on her marriage. Isaac's known children were born about this time, so she could not have been a grandchild of Isaac. Isaac's brother Abraham was born about 1614 and didn't marry Sarah Clement until 1645. So Isaac and Sarah were contemporaries of Mary Morrill.
Perhaps Mary Morrill is the sister of Abraham and Isaac Morrill. More research is needed.
Some online family trees show the parents of Mary Morrill as Abraham Merrill and Abigail Powell, but no sources are given to back this claim.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Mary Morrill
- 1 American Ancestors Magazine, 2010, Vol. 11.4, p. 48.
- 2 Find A Grave, (accessed 09/09/2011).
- 3 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Nantucket Deaths, Vol. 5, pp. 261, 266, 269, 271, 273.
- 4 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Nantucket, Vol. 3, p. 462, Marriage record for Peter Folger and Mary Morrell.
- 5 Memorial Biographies of the New England Historic Genealogical Society, Vol. II, 1853-1855, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1881), 321.
- 6 New England Ancestors Magazine, 2008, Vol. 9.4, p. 29.
- 7 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, July 1862, Vol. 16, pp. 269-270.
- 8 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1858, Vol. 12, p. 129.
- 9 The Pennsylvania Magazine of History and Biography, Philadelphia: The Historical Society of Pennsylvania, 1899, Vol. 23, No. 1, p. 19.
- 10 Banks, Charles Edward, M.D., The History of Martha's Vineyard, Dukes County, Massachusetts, Vol. 2, Town Annals, Boston: George H. Dean (1911), 70.
- 11 Barthelmas, Della Gray, The Signers of the Declaration of Independence: A Biographical and Genealogical Reference, Jefferson, N.C. and London: McFarland and Company, Inc., Publishers (1997), 76-77.
- 12 Brands, H. W., The First American: The Life and Times of Benjamin Franklin, New York: Doubleday (2000), 14.
- 13 Cornell, Thomas C., Adam and Anne Mott: Their Ancestors and Their Descendants, Poughkeepsie, New York: A.V. Haight, Printer (1890), 322.
- 14 Hughes, Thomas Patrick, American Ancestry: Giving the Name and Descent in the Male Line of Americans Whose Ancestor s Settled in the U.S., Vol. 01, Albany, New York: Joel Munsell's Sons (1887), 28.
- 15 Jordan, John W., Franklin as a Genealogist, Philadelphia?: Unknown (1899), Reprinted from The Pennsylvania Magazine of History and Biogra phy (April 1899), 21-29.
- 16 Nantucket Historical Society, The Barney Genealogical Record, (accessed 10/28/2018).
- 17 Starbuck, Alexander, The History of Nantucket County, Island and Town including Genealogies of First Settlers, Boston: C. E. Goodspeed and Co. (1924), 740-741.
- 18 Starbuck, Alexander, The History of Nantucket County, Island and Town including Genealogies of First Settlers, Boston: C. E. Goodspeed and Co. (1924), 670.
- 19 Townsend, Mrs. Charles Delmar, et. al., Mayflower Families Through Five Generations: Vol. 8, 2nd ed., Degory Priest, Plymouth, Massachusetts: General Society of Mayflower Descendants (2 008), 15.
- 20 Wikipedia, "Mary Morrill", (accessed 09/09/2011).