38th U.S. President
- 9th Great-grandfather of Gerald Ford — 12th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1605
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- ABT 1647
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Rose Allen
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1639
- Marriage Location:
Experience Holley (Ahnentafel No:1961 )
Joseph Holley's surname is also seen as Holloway and Holway.
This Joseph should not be confused with the Joseph Holly that appeared in Dorchester, Massachusetts, in 1634.
Joseph's estate was divided in 1665 and his children receipted for their share. These receipts use the surname Holley when giving the names of his children.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Joseph Holley
- 1 New England Ancestors Magazine, 2008, Vol. 9, Issue 4, pp. 45-46.
- 2 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1943, Vol. 97, p. 330.
- 3 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. III, G-H, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2003), 388.
- 4 Anderson, Robert Charles and others, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. I, A-B, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1999), 29.
- 5 Christian, Louise Aymar and Howard Stelle Fitz Randolph, The Descendants of Edward Fitz Randolph and Elizabeth Blossom, 1630-1950, n.p.: n.p. (1950), 6.
- 6 Pope, Charles Henry, The Pioneers of Massachusetts: A Descriptive List Drawn from Records of the Colonies, Towns, and Churches, and . . ., Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co. (1991), 236.
- 7 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 588.