38th U.S. President
- 10th Great-grandmother of Gerald Ford — 13th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1600
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 29 Aug 1642
- Death Location:
- Charlestown (now Boston), Suffolk, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Edward Wood
- Marriage Date:
- 2 Feb 1619/1620
- Marriage Location:
- Nuneaton, Warwickshire, England
Thomas Wood (Ahnentafel No:3938 )
Some sources state that Ruth Lee was the daughter of Ralph Mousall. Since Ralph and Ruth are similar in age, this could not be the case. Also according to The Genealogist (Vol. 9, pp. 98, 136), Ralph's daughter Ruth was not his daughter, but was a ward of the family.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Ruth Lee
- 1 Charlestown, MA: Vital Records to 1850, Vol. 1, Page 8, Death record for Ruth Wood.
- 2 The American Genealogist, 1988, Vol. 63, p. 52.
- 3 Vital Records of Charlestown, Massachusetts to 1850 (Online Database), New England Historic Genealogical Society (2008), 8, [Death].
- 4 Warwickshire, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, 1535-1812, Nuneaton, 1600-1649, Marriage record for Edward Wodd and Ruth Lee.
- 5 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 2, G-O, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 1311.
- 6 McLean, Hulda Hoover, Genealogy of the Herbert Hoover Family, Stanford, California: The Hoover Institution on War, Revolution and Peace, Stanford University (1967), fold-out chart between pages 4 and 5.
- 7 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 45.
- 8 Smith, Dean Crawford, The Ancestry of Eva Belle Kempton, 1878-1908: Part 3, The Ancestry of Henry Clay Bartlett, 1832-1892, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2004), 473.