Author of To Kill a Mockingbird
- Grandfather of Harper Lee — 3rd Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- John Robert Finch
- Frances "Fannie" Cunningham
- Birth Date:
- 11 Aug 1855
- Birth Location:
- Clarksville, Mecklenburg, Virginia
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 2 Feb 1949
- Death Location:
- Atmore, Escambia, Alabama
- Burial Date:
- 3 Feb 1949
- Burial Location:
- Oak Hill Cemetery, Atmore, Escambia, Alabama
- Spouse Name:
- Ellen Rivers Williams
- Marriage Date:
- 30 Nov 1887
- Marriage Location:
- Monroe County, Alabama
Frances Cunningham Finch (Ahnentafel No:3 )
Some sources give the date for the marriage of James Cunningham Finch and Ellen Rivers Williams as 03 OCT 1887. Perhaps this was the bond date?
James Cunningham Finch
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for James Cunningham Finch
- 1 Alabama, Deaths, 1908-1974, Death record for daughter Frances Finch Lee.
- 2 Alabama, Deaths, 1908-1974, Death record for John C. Finch.
- 3 Alabama, Marriages, 1816-1957, Marriage record for James C. Finch and Elen R. Williams.
- 4 Federal Census, VA, Mecklenburg County, 1860, Regiment 22, p. 5, Image 5 of 87.
- 5 Federal Census, AL, Monroe County, 1900, McKinley, E.D. 163, Sheet 11B, Image 22 of 26.
- 6 Find A Grave, (accessed 07/05/2014).
- 7 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 159.
- 8 Shields, Charles J., I am Scout: The Biography of Harper Lee, New York: Henry Holt and Company, LLC (2008), 5.
- 9 Shields, Charles J., Mockingbird: A Portrait of Harper Lee, New York: Henry Holt and Company (2006), 36.
- 10 Whitfield, Emma Morehead, Whitfield, Bryan, Smith, and Related Families, Book Two, Westminster, Maryland: Unknown (1950), 346.