Ulysses S. Grant
18th U.S. President
- 5th Generation — 2nd Great-grandfather of Ulysses S. Grant
- Ahnentafel No:
- Jonathan Delano
- Mercy Warren
- Birth Date:
- 30 Jan 1680
- Birth Location:
- Dartmouth, Bristol, Massachusetts
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 25 Mar 1752
- Death Location:
- Tolland, Tolland Co., Connecticut
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- South Yard Cemetery, Tolland, Tolland Co., Connecticut
- Spouse Name:
- Amy Hatch
- Marriage Date:
- 20 Jun 1704
- Marriage Location:
- Falmouth, Barnstable, Massachusetts
- Susanna Delano
Jonathan Delano Jr.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Jonathan Delano Jr.
- 1 Falmouth, MA: Vital Records, 1627-1850, Page 154 and 173, Marriage record for Jonathan Dellanoy and Amy Hatch, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 2 Find A Grave, (accessed 11/12/2012).
- 3 The American Genealogist, New Haven, Connecticut: D. L. Jacobus (issues newer than 5 years not online), 1975, Vol. 51, Pages 233-234, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 4 U.S., Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970, SAR #79843, Membership application for Donald Marean Bostwick, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 5 Brogan, Hugh and Charles Mosley, American Presidential Families, New York: Macmillan Publishing Company (1993), 471-473.
- 6 Cutter, William Richard, ed., Genealogical and Family History of Northern New York: A Record of the Achievements of her People . . ., Vol. 2, New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company (1910), 534, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 7 Delano, Joel Andrew, The Genealogy, History, and Alliances of the American House of Delano, 1621-1899, New York: Unknown (1899), 296, Heritage Quest (Digital Library).
- 8 Howland, Henry E., Society of Mayflower Descendants of the State of Ohio: Organized 1898, Cincinnati: Ebbert and Richardson Co., Printers (1913), 92, Heritage Quest (Digital Library).
- 9 Marshall, Edward Chauncey, The Ancestry of General Grant, and their Contemporaries, New York: Sheldon and Company (1869), 169.
- 10 Pack, Charles Lathrop, Thomas Hatch of Barnstable and Some of his Descendants: The Descent of Alice Gertrude Hatch and her Husband . . ., Newark, New Jersey: Society of Colonial Wars in the State of New Jersey (1930), 87-89, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 11 Reynolds, Cuyler, editor, Genealogical and Family History of Southern New York and the Hudson River Valley, Vol. 3, New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company (1914), 1060, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 12 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 111.
- 13 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 436.
- 14 Wakefield, Robert S. and Judith H. Swan, Mayflower Families Through Five Generations: Vol. 18, Part 1, Richard Warren, General Society of Mayflower Descendants (2004), 43, 178-179.