Ulysses S. Grant
18th U.S. President
- Grandfather of Ulysses S. Grant — 3rd Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Noah Grant Jr.
- Susanna Delano
- Birth Date:
- 23 Jun 1748
- Birth Location:
- Tolland, Tolland Co., Connecticut
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 14 Feb 1819
- Death Location:
- Maysville, Mason, Kentucky
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Rachel Kelley
- Marriage Date:
- 4 Mar 1792
- Marriage Location:
- Greensburg, Westmoreland, Pennsylvania
Jesse Root Grant (Ahnentafel No:2 )
Tolland, Connecticut, gives Noah Grant's birth date as 23 JUN 1748. Other published sources give it as 20 JUN 1748. Regardless, there is a conflict with Noah's birth date and two twin siblings who are said to have been born and died in JUL 1748. There is a recording or transcribing error for at least one of the dates.
Additional marriages for Noah Grant
- Anna Buell
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Noah Grant
- 1 Connecticut: Vital Records (The Barbour Collection), 1630-1870, Tolland, p. 60, Birth record for Noah Grant.
- 2 The American Genealogist, 1975, Vol. 51, Page 232.
- 3 U.S., Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970, SAR #14914, Membership application for Algernon Edward Urban Sartoris.
- 4 Brogan, Hugh and Charles Mosley, American Presidential Families, New York: Macmillan Publishing Company (1993), 471, 473.
- 5 Marshall, Edward Chauncey, The Ancestry of General Grant, and their Contemporaries, New York: Sheldon and Company (1869), 170-171.
- 6 Pack, Charles Lathrop, Thomas Hatch of Barnstable and Some of his Descendants: The Descent of Alice Gertrude Hatch and her Husband . . ., Newark, New Jersey: Society of Colonial Wars in the State of New Jersey (1930), 88.
- 7 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Mayflower 500: Five Hundred Notable Descendants of the Founding Families on the Mayflower, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2020), 3.
- 8 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants to the American Colonies, Quebec, or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (2018), 921.
- 9 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 436, 448, 455, 473.
- 10 Wakefield, Robert S., comp., Mayflower Families Through Five Generations: Vol. 18, Part 3, Richard Warren, Plymouth, Massachusetts: General Society of Mayflower Descendants (2001), 123.
- 11 Welles, Albert, History of the Buell Family in England: From the Remotest Times Ascertainable from Our Ancient Histories, and in America, New York: Society Library (1881), 103.