- Great-grandmother of Noah Grant — 4th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Samuel Lothrop
- Elizabeth Scudder
- Birth Date:
- May 1665
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- John Huntington
- Marriage Date:
- 9 Dec 1686
- Marriage Location:
- Norwich, New London, Connecticut
Martha Huntington (Ahnentafel No:5 )
Abigail Lothrop's maiden name is also seen as Lathrop.
Sources disagree on the year of Abigail's birth listing 1653 and 1667 as possibilities.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Abigail Lothrop
- 1 The American Genealogist, 1975, Vol. 51, Page 234.
- 2 Brogan, Hugh and Charles Mosley, American Presidential Families, New York: Macmillan Publishing Company (1993), 471-473.
- 3 Marshall, Edward Chauncey, The Ancestry of General Grant, and their Contemporaries, New York: Sheldon and Company (1869), 168.
- 4 Pack, Charles Lathrop, Thomas Hatch of Barnstable and Some of his Descendants: The Descent of Alice Gertrude Hatch and her Husband . . ., Newark, New Jersey: Society of Colonial Wars in the State of New Jersey (1930), 88.
- 5 Randall, Emilius O. and Daniel J. Ryan, History of Ohio: The Rise and Progress of an American State, Vol. 6, New York: The Century History Company (1915), 460.
- 6 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants to the American Colonies, Quebec, or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (2018), 921.
- 7 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 455, 473.
- 8 Rockwell, Henry Ensign, The Rockwell Family in America: A Genealogical Record from 1630 to 1873, Boston: Rockwell and Churchill, Publishers (1873), 58.
- 9 Welles, Albert, History of the Buell Family in England: From the Remotest Times Ascertainable from Our Ancient Histories, and in America, New York: Society Library (1881), 38.