Henry Clay Folger
Founder of Folger Shakespeare Library and Chairman of Standard Oil
- 4th Great-grandmother of Henry Clay Folger — 7th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 13 Apr 1745
- Death Location:
- Nantucket, Nantucket Co., Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Nathan Folger
- Marriage Date:
- 29 Dec 1699
- Marriage Location:
- Nantucket, Massachusetts
Abisha Folger (Ahnentafel No:32 )
Sarah is said to be the daughter of John and Abigail Church of Dover, and she is also said to be the sister of Col. Benjamin Church who was present at the killing of King Phillip during the Great Swamp Fight. Both statements cannot be true as the sister of Benjamin Church was the daughter of Joseph and Mary (Tucker) Church.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Sarah Church
- 1 Massachusetts Vital Records to 1850 (Online Datebase) , New England Historic Genealogical Society (2001-2008) , Nantucket Deaths, Vol. 5, pp. 272, 277.
- 2 New England Historical and Genealogical Register , (New England Historic and Genealogical Society ), July 1862, Vol. 16, pp. 256, 271, 274.
- 3 Vital Records of Nantucket, Massachusetts to the Year 1850 , Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1925) , Nantucket Marriages, Vol. 3, p. 461, Heritage Quest (Digital Library).
- 4 Cornell, Thomas C. , Adam and Anne Mott: Their Ancestors and Their Descendants , Poughkeepsie, New York: A.V. Haight, Printer (1890) , 322, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 5 Hughes, Thomas Patrick , American Ancestry: Giving the Name and Descent in the Male Line of Americans Whose Ancestor s Settled in the U.S., Vol. 01 , Albany, New York: Joel Munsell's Sons (1887) , 28, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- 6 Roberts, Gary Boyd , Notable Ki n, Volume 1 , Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998) , 204.
- 7 Starbuck, Alexander , The History of Nantucket County, Island and Town including Genealogies of First Settlers , Boston: C. E. Goodspeed and Co. (1924) , 741, 743-744, Ancestry.com (Online Database).