Ancestry of Sir
Physicist and Inventor, aka Count Rumford
- 1st Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Benjamin Thompson
- Ruth Simonds
- Birth Date:
- 26 Mar 1753
- Birth Location:
- Woburn, Middlesex, Massachusetts
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 21 Aug 1814
- Death Location:
- Paris, France
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Auteuil Cemetery, Paris, France
- Physicist and inventor best known for his work in thermodynamics.
Benjamin "Count Rumford" Thompson
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Benjamin "Count Rumford" Thompson
- 1 Thompson, Rev. Leander, Memorial of James Thompson, of Charlestown, Mass., 1630-1642, and Woburn, Mass., 1642-1682; and Eight Generations . . ., Boston: Press of L. Barta and Co. (1887), 43, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 2 Wheeler, Florence E., John Chapman's Line of Descent from Edward Chapman of Ipswich, Columbus, Ohio: (excerpted from the Ohio Archaeological and Historical Quarterly, vol. 48, no. 1, Jan 1939), 32, Heritage Quest (Digital Library).
- 3 Wikipedia, "Benjamin Thompson", (accessed 09/26/2011).