Franklin D. Roosevelt
32nd U.S. President
- 5th Generation — 2nd Great-grandfather of Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Ahnentafel No:
- Nathaniel Howland Jr.
- Abigail Burt
- Birth Date:
- 30 Sep 1749
- Birth Location:
- Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts
- Christening Date:
- 1 Oct 1749
- Christening Location:
- New North Church, Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts
- Death Date:
- 11 Mar 1836
- Death Location:
- New York, New York
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Green-Wood Cemetery, Brooklyn, Kings, New York
- Spouse Name:
- Lydia Bill
- Marriage Date:
- 26 May 1772
- Marriage Location:
- Norwich, New London, Connecticut
- Susan Howland
- Some sources incorrectly state Joseph's baptism date as 30 OCT 1749.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Joseph Howland
- 1 Boston, MA: Church Records, 1630-1895, New North Church, p. 165, Baptism for Joseph Howland, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 2 Connecticut, Marriages, 1729-1867, Marriage record for Lydia Bill and Joseph Howland, FamilySearch.org (Online Database).
- 3 Daughters of the American Revolution Genealogical Research System, Ancestor #A010115.
- 4 Find A Grave, (accessed 10/05/2011).
- 5 New Jersey Deaths and Burials, 1720-1988, Death record for Joseph Howland, FamilySearch.org (Online Database).
- 6 U.S., Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970, SAR #10305, Member application for Roswell Parish, Jr., Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 7 Aspinwall, Algernon Aikin, comp., The Aspinwall Genealogy, Rutland, Vermont: The Tuttle Company (1901), 75, Internet Archive (Digital Library).
- 8 Bill, Ledyard, History of the Bill Family, New York: Alvord Printer(1867), 150, 175-178, Internet Archive (Digital Library).
- 9 Huntington Family Association, The Huntington Family in America: A Genealogical Memoir of the Known Descendants of Simon Huntington from 1633 to 1915, Hartford, Connecticut: The Hartford Printing Co. (1915), 532, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 10 Johnson, Alvin Page, Franklin D. Roosevelt's Colonial Ancestors: Their Part in the Making of American History, Boston: Lothrop, Lee and Shepard (1933), 83, 91, Heritage Quest (Digital Library).
- 11 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 308.
- 12 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants to the American Colonies, Quebec, or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (2018), 921.
- 13 Roberts, Gary Boyd and William Addams Reitwiesner, American Ancestors and Cousins of The Princess of Wales, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1984), 35, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 14 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 446, 450, 455.
- 15 The New York Genealogical and Biographical Society, New York Genealogical and Biographical Record, 1942, Vol. 73, No. 3, pp. 159-166 and accompanying chart.
- 16 Wakefield, Robert S. and Ann Smith Lainhart, Mayflower Families Through Five Generations: Vol. 23, Part 1, John Howland, Plymouth, Massachusetts: General Society of Mayflower Descendants (2006), 164.
- 17 Whittelsey, Charles Barney, The Roosevelt Genealogy 1649-1902, Hartford, Connecticut: J. B. Burr and Company (1902), 45, 57.