Franklin D. Roosevelt
32nd U.S. President
- 8th Generation — 5th Great-grandfather of Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Ahnentafel No:
- Robert Hinsdale
- Hannah -----
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 28 Jan 1636/1637
- Christening Location:
- Pulham St. Mary the Virgin, Norfolk, England
- Death Date:
- 12 or 18 SEP 1675
- Death Location:
- Battle of Bloody Brook, Deerfield, Franklin, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Bloody Brook Mass Grave, Deerfield, Franklin, Massachusetts
- Spouse Name:
- Mehitabel Johnson
- Marriage Date:
- 31 Oct 1660
- Marriage Location:
- Medfield, Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Mary Hinsdale
- Samuel, two brothers, and his father were slain by Indians at Muddy Brook (later called Bloody) near Deerfield, Massachusetts.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Samuel Hinsdale
- 1 Find A Grave, (accessed 11/12/2012).
- 2 Massachusetts Vital Records to 1850 (Online Datebase), New England Historic Genealogical Society (2001-2008), Medfield Births, Vol. 1, Page 62, Birth record for daughter Mary Hinsdell.
- 3 Andrews, Herbert Cornelius and Holman, Alfred L., ed., Hinsdale Genealogy: Descendants of Robert Hinsdale of Dedham, Medfield, Hadley and Deerfield, Lombard, Illinois: Printed for Alfred Hinsdale Andrews (1906), 62, 64-66, 71, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 4 Hopkins, Timothy, The Kelloggs in the Old World and the New, Vol. 1, San Francisco, California: Sunset Press and Photo Engraving Co. (1903), 35, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 5 Jacobus, Donald Lines and Edgar Francis Waterman, Hale, House and Related Families: Mainly of the Connecticut River Valley, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1978, reprinted from 1952), 584, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- 6 Leach, Josiah Granville, Memoranda Relating to the Ancestry and Family of Hon. Levi Parsons Morton, Vice-President of the United States, Cambridge, Massachusetts: unknown (1894), 128-130, Heritage Quest (Digital Library).
- 7 Wikipedia, "Battle of Bloody Brook", (accessed 11/12/2012).
- 8 Williams, Alicia Crane, Early New England Families, 1641-1700, Vol. 1, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Socity (2015), 196.