Franklin D. Roosevelt
32nd U.S. President
- 9th Generation — 6th Great-grandfather of Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Ahnentafel No:
- John Perkins
- Judith Gater
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 12 Jul 1624
- Christening Location:
- Hillmorton, Warwickshire, England
- Death Date:
- 27 Jan 1699
- Death Location:
- Ipswich, Essex, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Elizabeth Whipple
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1648/1649
- Marriage Location:
- Jabez Perkins
- See comments for father about the family's arrival in 1631.
Additional marriages for Jacob Perkins
- Damaris - - - - - -
- Marriage Date:
- AFT 12 Feb 1685
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Jacob Perkins
- 1 Massachusetts Vital Records to 1850 (Online Datebase), New England Historic Genealogical Society (2001-2008), Ipswich, Vol. 1, pp. 287-288, Birth records for sons Jabez and Joseph Perkins.
- 2 The American Genealogist, New Haven, Connecticut: D. L. Jacobus (issues newer than 5 years not online), 1977, Vol. 53, p. 162, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 3 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 3, P-W, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 1432, [Christening].
- 4 Hodges, Almon D., Jr., Genealogical Record of the Hodges Family of New England, Ending December 31, 1894, 3rd Edition, Boston: Printed for the family by Frank H. Hodges (1876), 82, Internet Archive (Digital Library).
- 5 Huntington, E. B., A Genealogical Memoir of the Lo-Lathrop Family in this Country, Ridgefield, Connecticut: M. Huntington (1884), 57, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 6 Johnson, Alvin Page, Franklin D. Roosevelt's Colonial Ancestors: Their Part in the Making of American History, Boston: Lothrop, Lee and Shepard (1933), 98, Heritage Quest (Digital Library).
- 7 Perkins, George A., The Family of John Perkins of Ipswich, Massachusetts, Part 1, Descendants of Quarter-Master, John Perkins, 2nd ed., Salem, Mass.: Salem Press (1884), 19, Hathi Trust Digital Library, [Death].
- 8 Preston, C. H., Genealogy of the Whipples of Ipswich for Five Generations, Unknown: Unknown (1893), 5, Heritage Quest (Digital Library).
- 9 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 175.
- 10 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 450.
- 11 Whipple, Henry Burdette, A Partial List of the Descendants of Matthew Whipple, the Elder, of Bocking, Essex County, England, High Point, North Carolina: Unknown (1965), 20, Ancestry.com (Online Database).