Author and TV Journalist
- 24th Great-grandfather of Cokie Roberts — 27th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Reginald de Braiose
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1197
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 2 May 1230
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Eva Marshal
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
Maud de Braose (Ahnentafel No:50530125 )
Eleanor de Braiose
Eve de Braiose
Isabel de Braiose
William de Braiose's surname is also seen as Brewes.
William de Braiose
View famous kin of William de Braiose
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for William de Braiose
- 1 The Journal of the Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland, Vol. 35, Dublin, Ireland: The University Press (1906), 31.
- 2 Adams, Arthur, The Magna Charta Sureties, 1215, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (1964), 86.
- 3 Browning, Charles H., Americans of Royal Descent: A Collection of Genealogies of American Families Whose Lineage is Traced to . . ., 2nd Ed., Philadelphia: Porter and Coates (1891), 159.
- 4 Buck, J. Orton and Timothy Field Beard, Pedigrees of Some of the Emperor Charlemagne's Descendants, Volume III, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (1996), 241.
- 5 Burke, John and John Bernard Burke, The Royal Families of England, Scotland, and Wales, with their Descendants, Sovereigns and Subjects, Vol. I, London: J. Billing, Printer and Stereotyper (1851), pedigree XIII for Rev. Pierce William Drew.
- 6 Richardson, Douglas, Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2013), Vol. 5, p. 301.
- 7 Richardson, Douglas and Kimball G. Everingham, editor, Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, 2nd edition, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2011), Vol. 3, p. 57.
- 8 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 526.
- 9 Wikipedia, "William de Braose (died 1230)", (accessed 02/23/2010).
- 10 Wilkinson, M. M., Genealogy of Wilkinson and Kindred Families, Shelby, Mississippi: Shelby Book Store, Publishers (1949), 62.
Cokie Roberts photo by NARA