4th U.S. President
- 17th Great-grandfather of James Madison — 20th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Roland of Galloway
- Helena de Morville
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1175
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Abbey of Dundrennan
- Spouse Name:
- Helen de I'Isle
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
Helen of Galloway (Ahnentafel No:508559 )
Lord of Galloway
Alan of Galloway's surname is also seen as FitzRoland.
Alan of Galloway
Additional marriages for Alan of Galloway
- Margaret of Huntingdon
- Marriage Date:
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Alan of Galloway
- 1 Adams, Arthur, The Magna Charta Sureties, 1215, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (1964), 60.
- 2 Paul, Sir James Balfour, ed., The Scots Peerage: Founded on Wood's Edition of Sir Robert Douglas's Peerage of Scotland, Vol . 4, Edinburgh: David Douglas (1907), 139-141.
- 3 Paul, Sir James Balfour, ed., The Scots Peerage: Founded on Wood's Edition of Sir Robert Douglas's Peerage of Scotland, Vol . 5, Edinburgh: David Douglas (1908), 32, 277.
- 4 Richardson, Douglas, Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2013), Vol. II, p. 562.
- 5 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 463.
- 6 Weis, Frederick Lewis, Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650, Lancaster, Mass: (1950), 55.
- 7 Wikipedia, "Alan of Galloway", _Lord_of_Galloway, (accessed 03/01/2010).
- 8 Wurts, John S., Magna Charta, New York: Brookfield Publishing Company (1942), 113, 1654.