4th U.S. President
- Great-grandmother of James Madison — 4th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Roger Thompson
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1679
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 19 Nov 1762
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Greenfield Cemetery, Orange Co. (now Culpeper Co.), Virginia
- Spouse Name:
- James Taylor Jr.
- Marriage Date:
- 23 Feb 1699
- Marriage Location:
Frances Taylor (Ahnentafel No:5 )
Some sources list Martha as the daughter of Col. William Thompson, son of Sir Roger Thompson. More research is needed to verify her parentage.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Martha Thompson
- 1 Publications of the Southern History Association, 1898, Vol. 2, No. 2, p. 167.
- 2 The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Virginia Historical Society, OCT 1946, Vol. 54, No. 4, Page 339.
- 3 Brogan, Hugh and Charles Mosley, American Presidential Families, New York: Macmillan Publishing Company (1993), 247, 257, 400, 403.
- 4 Casey, Albert Eugene, Southern Taylor Families, 1607-1830, Birmingham, Alabama: Published and bound privately for the Amite County Historical Fund (1958), 131-132.
- 5 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 513.
- 6 Wakefield, Robert S. and Margaret Harris Stover, Mayflower Families Through Five Generations: Vol. 17, Isaac Allerton, Plymouth, Massachusetts: General Society of Mayflower Descendants (2015), 57.
- 7 Watson, Annah Robinson, Of Sceptred Race, Memphis, TN: Early Printing and Publishing Company (1910), 111, 164.
- 8 Watson, Annah Robinson, Some Notable Families of America, New York: n.p. (1898), 26.