4th U.S. President
- Great-grandmother of James Madison — 4th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Daniel Gaines
- Margaret Bernard
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1652
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- John Catlett Jr.
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
Rebecca Catlett (Ahnentafel No:7 )
- There is some disagreement as to whether John Catlett's wife was named Elizabeth or Mary. Older sources point to Elizabeth while more contemporary sources believe it is Mary.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Mary Gaines
- 1 The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Virginia Historical Society, JAN 1932, Vol. 40, No. 1, Page 94.
- 2 Brogan, Hugh and Charles Mosley, American P residential Families, New York: Macmillan Publishing Company (1993), 257.
- 3 Hayden, Rev. Horace Edwin, Virginia Genealogies: A Genealogy of the Glassell Family of Scotland and Virginia, Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania: E. B. Yordy, Printer (1891), 244.
- 4 King, George Harrison Sanford, Marriages of Richmond County, Virginia 1668-1853, Fredericksburg, Virginia: G.H.S. King (1964), 248.
- 5 Meade, Bishop, Old Churches, Ministers and Families of Virginia, Vol. II, Philadelphia: J. B. Lippincott & Co. (1857), 96.
- 6 Pettigrew, Marion Dewoody, Marks-Barnett Families and their Kin, Macon, Georgia: The J. W. Burke Company (1939), 147.
- 7 Stubbs, William Carter, A History of Two Virginia Families Transplanted from County Kent, England: Thomas Baytop, Ten terden, 1638 and John . . ., New Orleans, Louisiana: Unknown (1918), 17.
- 8 Tyler, Lyon Gardiner, editor, Encyclopedia of Virginia Biography: Vol I, New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company (1915), 206.
- 9 Watson, Annah Robinson, Of Sceptred Race, Memphis, TN: Early Printing and Publishing Company (1910), 164.