4th U.S. President
- 2nd Great-grandfather of James Madison — 5th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- John "ye younger" Catlett
- Sarah Hawkins
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 12 Mar 1625/1626
- Christening Location:
- All Saints, Canterbury, County Kent, England
- Death Date:
- from 9 Apr 1671 to 17 Oct 1671
- Death Location:
- near Port Royall, Virginia
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Elizabeth Underwood
- Marriage Date:
- AFT 5 Jan 1663/1664
- Marriage Location:
John Catlett Jr. (Ahnentafel No:14 )
- Killed by Indians defending the fort of Port Royal.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for John Catlett
- 1 The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Virginia Historical Society, JUL 1913, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 307-308.
- 2 The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Virginia Historical Society, JAN 1932, Vol. 40, No. 1, p. 94.
- 3 Brogan, Hugh and Charles Mosley, American P residential Families, New York: Macmillan Publishing Company (1993), 257.
- 4 Dorman, John Frederick, ed., The Virginia Genealogist, July-September, 1999, Vol. 43, No. 3, Page 163-164.
- 5 Hayden, Rev. Horace Edwin, Virginia Genealogies: A Genealogy of the Glassell Family of Scotland and Virginia, Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania: E. B. Yordy, Printer (1891), 244.
- 6 Meade, Bishop, Old Churches, Ministers and Families of Virginia, Vol. II, Philadelphia: J. B. Lippincott & Co. (1857), 96.
- 7 Miller, Joseph Lyon, The Descendants of Capt. Thomas Carter of Barford, Lancaster County, Virginia, Richmond, Virginia: Whittet and Shepperson Printers (1912), 104.
- 8 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 162.
- 9 Stubbs, William Carter, A History of Two Virginia Families Transplanted from County Kent, England: Thomas Baytop, Ten terden, 1638 and John . . ., New Orleans, Louisiana: Unknown (1918), 3, 13-15.
- 10 Taliaferro, James T., The Taliaferro Family History 1635-1899, Salem, Massachusetts: Transcribed reproduction by Higginson Book Company (1995, original 1899 ), 2.
- 11 Tyler, Lyon Gardiner, editor, Encyclopedia of Virginia Biography: Vol I, New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company (1915), 206.