TV and Movie Actress
- 8th Great-grandfather of Tuesday Weld — 11th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1616
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 19 May 1692
- Death Location:
- Salem, Essex, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Burying Point Cemetery, Salem, Essex, Massachusetts
- Spouse Name:
- Philippa Sewell
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1647
- Marriage Location:
Mehitable Wainwright (Ahnentafel No:635 )
Francis Wainwright was a veteran of the Pequot War in 1637.
The tablet on the grave of Francis Wainwright was restored 1894. The year of death on the new tablet was 1699, but this disagrees with other records which point to the actual year being 1692.
Additional marriages for Francis Wainwright
- Hannah - - - - - -
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Francis Wainwright
- 1 Gravestone image at FindAGrave.com, (accessed 04/23/2020).
- 2 NEHGS NEXUS: New England Across the United States, 1990, Vol. 7, p. 28.
- 3 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1913, Vol. 67, p. 269.
- 4 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Directory: Immigrants to New England, 1620-1640, A Concise Compendium, Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2015), 353.
- 5 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. VI, R-S, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 278.
- 6 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. VII, T-Y, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2011), 517, objection to marriage of son Simon Wainwright and Sarah Gilbert.
- 7 Davis, Horace, Ancestry of John Davis, Governor and U. S. Senator and Eliza Bancroft His Wife, Both of Worcester, Massachusetts, San Francisco, California: n. p. (1897), 11, 48-49.
- 8 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 193.
- 9 Saltonstall, Leverett, Ancestry and Descendants of Sir Richard Saltonstall: First Associate of the Massachusetts Bay Colony and . . ., Cambridge, Massachusetts: Riverside Press (1897), 21.