TV and Movie Actress
- 6th Great-grandfather of Tuesday Weld — 9th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Samuel Lothrop
- Elizabeth Scudder
- Birth Date:
- Oct 1659
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 28 Mar 1733
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Old Norwichtown Cemetery, Norwich, New London, Connecticut
- Spouse Name:
- Rebecca Bliss
- Marriage Date:
- 8 Apr 1686
- Marriage Location:
William Lathrop (Ahnentafel No:156 )
Israel Lothrup's surname is also seen as Lathrop and Lothrop.
Lothrop vs Lathrop vs Lothrup
The spelling of Israel's surname seems to have changed at this generation. Prior generations tended to spell it as Lothrop. Israel appears to have spelled it Lothrup as it appears on his and his wife's tombstones, Israel's children and descendants seem to have gone with the Lathrop spelling.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Israel Lothrup
- 1 Gravestone image at FindAGrave.com, (accessed 10/17/2014).
- 2 NEHGS NEXUS: New England Across the United States, 1990, Vol. 7, p. 28.
- 3 Bliss, John Homer, Genealogy of the Bliss Family in America, From About the Year 1550-1880, Boston, Massachusetts: Printed by the Author (1881), 35.
- 4 Cleveland, Edmund Janes and Horace Gillette Cleveland, The Genealogy of the Cleveland and Cleaveland Families: An Attempt to Track in Both the Male and the Female . . ., Vol. 1, Hartford, Connecticut: The Case, Lockwood and Brainard Company (1899), 219.
- 5 Huntington Family Association, The Huntington Family in America: A Genealogical Memoir of the Known Descendants of Simon Huntington from 1633 to 1915, Hartford, Connecticut: The Hartford Printing Co. (1915), 421.
- 6 Huntington, E. B., A Genealogical Memoir of the Lo-Lathrop Family in this Country, Ridgefield, Connecticut: M. Huntington (1884), 47-48, 58.