Author and Activist
- 5th Great-grandfather of Helen Keller — 8th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- William Longfellow
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 20 Oct 1650
- Christening Location:
- Horsforth, Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
- Death Date:
- 31 Oct 1690
- Death Location:
- at sea, Gulf of St. Lawrence, near Anticosti Island, Quebec, Canada
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Anne Sewall
- Marriage Date:
- 10 Nov 1678
- Marriage Location:
- Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts
Ann Longfellow (Ahnentafel No:101 )
- William drowned with nine others when their ship was wrecked on the island of Anticosti in the Gulf of St. Lawrence. One source lists William's birth date as 22 OCT 1651.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for William Longfellow
- 1 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Newbury Marriages, Vol. 2, Page 297.
- 2 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, April 1934, Vol. 88, Page 200.
- 3 Adams, Andrew N., A Genealogical History of Robert Adams, of Newbury, Mass., and his Descendants 1635-1900, Rutland, Vermont: The Tuttle Company (1900), 7.
- 4 Brogan, Hugh and Charles Mosley, American Presidential Families, New York: Macmillan Publishing Company (1993), 520-521.
- 5 Currier, John J., "Ould Newbury": Historical and Biographical Sketches, Boston: Damrell and Upham (1896), 305-308.
- 6 Emery, William M., Newell Ancestry: The Story of the Antecedents of William Stark Newell, Boston: Thomas Todd (1944), 204.
- 7 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 183.