Thomas Edmund Dewey
47th Governor of New York
- 4th Great-grandmother of Thomas Edmund Dewey — 7th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Nathaniel Otis
- Abigail Russell
- Birth Date:
- 11 Dec 1717
- Birth Location:
- Sandwich, Barnstable, Massachusetts
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 14 Jan 1790
- Death Location:
- Willington, Tolland, Connecticut
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Old Storrs Cemetery, Storrs, Tolland, Connecticut
- Spouse Name:
- Edmund Freeman
- Marriage Date:
- 30 Sep 1736
- Marriage Location:
- Barnstable, Barnstable Co., Massachusetts
Edmund Freeman (Ahnentafel No:36 )
The front of Martha's gravestone has disintegrated and is no longer legible. However, it is believed to be her gravestone due to the fact that it is next to her husbend Edmund Freeman and 1934 WPA cemetery records list her as next to her husband.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Martha Otis
- 1 Connecticut, Deaths, 1640-1955, FHL No 4015999, Image 142, Death record for Martha Freeman.
- 2 Connecticut: Vital Records (The Barbour Collection), 1630-1870, Willington, p. 32, Death record for Martha Freeman.
- 3 Daughters of the American Revolution Genealogical Research System, Ancestor #A042016.
- 4 Gravestone image at FindAGrave.com, (accessed 11/20/2012).
- 5 Massachusetts, Town Clerk, Vital and Town Records, 1626-2001, FHL No. 7009780, Image 731, Marriage intention for Edmond Freeman and Martha Otis.
- 6 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Barnstable, Vol. 1, p. 58, Birth record for Martha Otis.
- 7 The Mayflower Descendant, 1935, Vol. 33, p. 127, Marriage record for Edmond Freeman and Martha Otis.
- 8 Lamont, Belle Eldredge, Lamont-Eldredge Family Records, Albion, New York: Unknown (1948), 61.
- 9 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 37.
- 10 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Mayflower 500: Five Hundred Notable Descendants of the Founding Families on the Mayflower, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2020), 60, 386.