Elizabeth (Kortright) Monroe
First Lady of President James Monroe
- Mother of Elizabeth (Kortright) Monroe — 2nd Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- John Aspinwall
- Sarah Sands
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1729/1730
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 7 Apr 1755
- Christening Location:
- St. George's Church, Hempstead, Long Island, New York
- Death Date:
- ABT 1777
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Lawrence Kortright
- Marriage Date:
- 6 May 1755
- Marriage Location:
- Trinity Church, New York, New York
Elizabeth Kortright (Ahnentafel No:1 )
- According to "The Aspinwall Genealogy" (Rutland, Vt.: 1901), Hannah was baptized shortly before her marriage.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Hannah Aspinwall
- 1 Aspinwall, Algernon Aikin, comp., The Aspinwall Genealogy, Rutland, Vermont: The Tuttle Company (1901), 49, 71-72.
- 2 Herrick, Lucius Carroll, editor, The "Old Northwest" Genealogical Quarterly, Columbus, Ohio: The "Old Northwest" Genealogical Society (1898), Jan 1898, Vol. 1, No. 1, Page 199.
- 3 National First Ladies' Library, "First Lady Biography: Elizabeth Monroe", (accessed 01/15/2012).
- 4 Wikipedia, "James Monroe", (accessed 12/28/2011).
- 5 Wikipedia, "Samuel L. Gouverneur", (accessed 12/28/2011).