Singer and Actor
- 8th Great-grandmother of Burl Ives — 11th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- James Chilton
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 30 May 1607
- Christening Location:
- St. Peter's, Sandwich, Kent, England
- Death Date:
- from 31 Jul 1676 to 1 May 1679
- Death Location:
- Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Kings Chapel Burying Ground, Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts
- Spouse Name:
- John Winslow
- Marriage Date:
- from 1 Jul 1623 to 22 May 1627
- Marriage Location:
Susanna Winslow (Ahnentafel No:679 )
Mary Chilton was a passenger on the Mayflower in 1620 and is believed by many to have been the first of the passengers to actually step onto Plymouth Rock.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Mary Chilton
- 1 Find A Grave, (accessed 03/18/2013).
- 2 General Society of Mayflower Descendants Membership Applications, 1620-1920, General No. 4107, Membership application for Mary Ann Buchanan Smith (Brewster) Clark.
- 3 New England Ancestors Magazine, 2001, Vol. 2.1, p. 40.
- 4 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol . 1, A-F, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 354.
- 5 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol . 3, P-W, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 2029.
- 6 Jacobus, Donald Lines, The Waterman Family: Vol. I, Descendants of Robert Waterman of Marshfield, Massachusetts, New Haven, Connecticut: Edgar F. Waterman (1939), 62.
- 7 Roberts, Gary Boyd, "#77 Royal Descents, Notable Kin, and Printed Sources: An Assortment of Famous Actors", (accessed 10/04/2014).
- 8 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 148.
- 9 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Mayflower 500: Five Hundred Notable Descendants of the Founding Families on the Mayflower, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2020), 12, 28, 53, 94, 126,138, 165, 179, 198, 200, 202, 210, 217, 230, 235, 238, 241, et. al.
- 10 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 614.
- 11 Roser, Susan E., Mayflowe r Increasings, 2nd Edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (1997), 107.
- 12 Sherman, Robert Moody et. al., Mayflower Families Through Five Generations: Vol. 15, James Chilton-Richard More, Plymouth, Massachusetts: General Society of Mayflower Descendants (2 013), 3, 5-7.
- 13 Wakefield, Robert S. and Russell L. Warner, Mayflower Families Through Five Generations: Vol. 14, Family of Myles Standish, Plymouth, Massachusetts: General Society of Mayflower Descendants (2 007), 5.