Signer of the Declaration of Independence
- 9th Great-grandmother of Philip Livingston — 12th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Robert II, King of Scotland
- Euphemia of Ross
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- David Lindsay
- Marriage Date:
- 22 Feb 1374/1375
- Marriage Location:
Elizabeth Lindsay (Ahnentafel No:1063 )
Called Catherina in earliest genealogies but by subsequent writers Elizabeth. (Stephen, Sir Leslie. The Dictionary of National Biography, Vol. 11. New York: The Macmillan Company, (1909), 1167.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Elizabeth Stewart
- 1 Burke, Sir Bernard and Ashworth P. Burke, A Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knighta ge . . ., 76th edition, London: Harrison and Sons (1914), 46.
- 2 Littlejohn, David, ed., Records of the Sheriff Court of Aberdeenshire, Vol. I: Records prior to 1600, Aberdeen: New Spalding Club (1904).
- 3 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 136, 141.
- 4 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al., The Magna Charta Sureties, 1215: The Barons Named in the Magna Charta, 1215 and Some of thei r . . ., 5th edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (Third Printi ng, 2006), 59, 63.
- 5 Wikipedia, "Elizabeth Stewart, Countess of Crawford", _Countess_of_Crawford, (accessed 03/04/2010).