Lee Harvey Oswald
Accused Assassin of President John F. Kennedy
- 7th Great-grandfather of Lee Harvey Oswald — 10th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Maj. Thomas Carter
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1650
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 22 Oct 1700
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Katharine Dale
- Marriage Date:
- 4 May 1670
- Marriage Location:
- Lancaster County, Virginia
Thomas Carter (Ahnentafel No:264 )
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Thomas Carter
- 1 Carter, Jeff, Ancestors of Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter, Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland and Company, Inc. (2012), 13, 24-32.
- 2 Miller, Joseph Lyon, The Descendants of Capt. Thomas Carter of Barford, Lancaster County, Virginia, Richmond, Virginia: Whittet and Shepperson Printers (1912), 2-11.
- 3 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 267.
- 4 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 428.
- 5 Seaver, J. Montgomery, Carter Family Records, Philadelphia: American Historical-Genealogical Society (1929), 36.
- 6 Tyler, Lyon G., editor, William and Mary College Quarterly Historical Magazine, Vol. 17, Richmond, Virginia: Whittet and Shepperson (1909), Jan 1909, No. 3, Page 199.
- 7 Virginia Historical Society, The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Volume 43, No. 2, April 1935, 153.
- 8 Virginia Historical Society, The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Volume 67, No. 1, January 1959, Richmond, Virginia: Whittet and Shepperson (1959), 116.
- 9 Warner, Charles Willard Hoskins, Hoskins of Virginia and Related Families: Hundley, Ware, Roy, Garnett, Waring, Bird, Buckner , Dunbar, Trible . . ., Tappahannock, Virginia: unknown (1971), 405-409.