Lee Harvey Oswald
Accused Assassin of President John F. Kennedy
- 7th Great-grandmother of Lee Harvey Oswald — 10th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Edward Dale
- Diana Skipwith
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1652
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 10 May 1703
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Thomas Carter
- Marriage Date:
- 4 May 1670
- Marriage Location:
- Lancaster County, Virginia
Thomas Carter (Ahnentafel No:264 )
Although new sources continue to list Diana Skipwith of Virginia as Katherine's mother, there has been some disagreement as to the maternity of Katherine Dale. See notes under Katherine's mother Diana Skipwith.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Katharine Dale
- 1 Carter, Jeff, Ancestors of Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter, Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland and Company, Inc. (2012), 13, 25, 30-31.
- 2 Miller, Joseph Lyon, The Descendants of Capt. Thomas Carter of Barford, Lancaster County, Virginia, Richmond, Virginia: Whittet and Shepperson Printers (1912), 8-9.
- 3 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 267.
- 4 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 428.
- 5 Seaver, J. Montgomery, Carter Family Records, Philadelphia: American Historical-Genealogical Society (1929), 36.
- 6 Tyler, Lyon G., editor, William and Mary College Quarterly Historical Magazine, Vol. 17, Richmond, Virginia: Whittet and Shepperson (1909), Jan 1909, No. 3, Pages 198-199.
- 7 Virginia Historical Society, The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Volume 43, No. 2, April 1935, 153.
- 8 Virginia Historical Society, The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Volume 67, No. 1, January 1959, Richmond, Virginia: Whittet and Shepperson (1959), 116.