31st President of Peru
- 7th Great-grandfather of Guillermo Billinghurst — 10th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- David Woodroffe
- Elizabeth Hill
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 18 May 1598
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Seale, Surrey, England
- Spouse Name:
- Grissell Kirton
- Marriage Date:
- BEF 4 Jun 1553
- Marriage Location:
David Woodroffe (Ahnentafel No:272 )
Lord Mayor of London in 1579, “the year of the great and general earthquake.”
“ The Lord Mayor of London has certain very remarkable privileges which has been religiously guarded and must be of great antiquity. It is only necessary to mention these here, but each of the privileges requires an exhaustive examination as to its origins. They all prove the remarkable position of Old London and mark it off from other cities of modern Europe (written about 1920). Shortly stated, the privileges are four:
- The closing of Temple Bar to the sovereign.
- The mayor's position in the city, where he is second only to the king.
- His summons to the Privy Council on the accession of a new sovereign.
- His position of butler at the coronation banquets.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Nicholas Woodroffe
- 1 Harwood, H. W. Forsyth, ed. , The Genealogist: A Quarterly Magazine of Genealogical, Antiquarian, Topographical and Heraldi c Research, Volume 19 , London: George Bell and Sons (1903) , 223-224, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 2 Howard, Joseph Jackson , Miscellanea Genealogica et Heraldica, Vol. 1, New Series , London: Hamilton, Adams, and Co. (1874) , 411, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 3 Marshall, George W., ed. , Le Neve's Pedigrees of the Knights Made By King Charles II., King James II., King William III ., and Queen Mary . . . , London: Mitchell and Hughes, Printers (1873) , 347, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 4 Richardson, Douglas and Kimball G. Everingham, editor , Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study i n Colonial and Medieval Families, 2011 Edition , Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2011) , Vol. 2, p. 504.