U.S. Supreme Court Justice
- Great-grandfather of Horace Gray — 4th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- John Chipman
- Rebekah Hale
- Birth Date:
- 23 Oct 1722
- Birth Location:
- Beverly, Essex, Massachusetts
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 1 Jul 1768
- Death Location:
- Falmouth, Cumberland, Maine
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Eastern Cemetery, Portland, Cumberland, Maine
- Spouse Name:
- Elizabeth Brown
- Marriage Date:
- Jul 1744
- Marriage Location:
- Cambridge, Middlesex, Massachusetts
Elizabeth Chipman (Ahnentafel No:5 )
John Chipman was a lawyer who died while standing in court at Falmouth, Maine in 1768.
John Chipman Jr.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for John Chipman Jr.
- 1 Find A Grave, (accessed 07/14/2019).
- 2 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Marblehead, Vol. 1, p. 102, Birth record for daughter Elizabeth Chipman.
- 3 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Marblehead, Vol. 2, p. 84, Marriage of John Chipman and Elizabeth Brown at Cambridge.
- 4 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Cambridge, Vol. 2, p. 76, Marriage record for John Chipman and Elizabeth Brown.
- 5 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Beverly, Vol. 1, p. 70, Birth record for John Chipman.
- 6 The Diaries of Benjamin Lynde and of Benjamin Lynde, Jr. with an Appendix, Cambridge: The Riverside Press (1880), 192.
- 7 The Mayflower Descendant, 1931, Vol. 29, p. 148.
- 8 Chase, George Wingate, The History of Haverhill, Massachusetts: From Its First Settlement, in 1640, to the Year 1860, Haverhill: Stone and Huse, Book Printers (1861), 248.
- 9 Gray, Edward, William Gray, of Salem, Merchant: A Biographical Sketch . . ., Boston and New York: Houghton Mifflin Company (1914), 8-9.
- 10 Raymond, Marcius Denison, Gray Genealogy, Being a Genealogical Record and History of the Descendants of John Gray, of B everly, Mass., and Also ..., (1887), 272.
- 11 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Mayflower 500: Five Hundred Notable Descendants of the Founding Families on the Mayflower, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2020), 109.
- 12 Woodbury, Charles Levi, Genealogical Sketches of the Woodbury Family: Its Intermarriages and Connections, Manchester, New Hampshire: The John B. Clarke Company (1904), 63.