Ancestry of General
George S. Patton
U.S. Army - World War II
- 15th Generation — 12th Great-grandfather of George S. Patton
- Ahnentafel No:
- William Gascoigne
- Jane de Neville
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1450
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 12 Mar 1487
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Margaret Percy
- Marriage Date:
- BEF 1469
- Marriage Location:
- Elizabeth Gascoigne
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for William Gascoigne
- 1 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, (New England Historic and Genealogical Society), 2011, Vol. 165, p. 215.
- 2 Adams, Arthur, The Magna Charta Sureties, 1215, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (1964), 40.
- 3 Browning, Charles H., The Magna Charta Barons and their American Descendants, Philadelpha: (1898), 201.
- 4 Burke, J. Bernard, A Genealogical and Heraldic Dictionary of the Landed Gentry of Great Britain and Ireland for 1852, Vol. 1, A to O, London: Colburn and Company (1852), 394.
- 5 Burke, John, A General and Heraldic Dictionary of the Peerages of England, Ireland, and Scotland, Extinct, Dormant, and in Abeyance, London: Henry Colburn and Richard Bentley (1831), 516.
- 6 Burke, Sir Bernard, A Genealogical History of the Dormant, Abeyant, Forfeited, and Extinct Peerages of the British Empire, London: Harrison, Bookseller to her Majesty and H.R.H. the Prince of Wales (1866), 413, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 7 Creasey, James, Sketches Illustrative of the Topography and History of New and Old Sleaford in the County of Lincoln . . ., Sleaford, England: James Creasey (1825), 274-275.
- 8 Maddison, Rev. Canon Maddison, et. al., Lincolnshire Notes & Queries: A Quarterly Journal, Vol. 8, January 1, 1904 to October 1, 1905, Horncastle, England: W. K. Morton (1905), 198.
- 9 Richardson, Douglas, Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2013), Vol. III, pp. 79-80.
- 10 Richardson, Douglas, Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2013), Vol. IV, p. 63.
- 11 Richardson, Douglas and Kimball G. Everingham, editor, Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, 2011 Edition, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2011), Vol. 2, p. 139.
- 12 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 186, 198, 210.
- 13 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al., Ancestral Roots of Certain American Colonists Who Came to America before 1700, 8th Edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2004), 6.
- 14 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al., The Magna Charta Sureties, 1215: The Barons Named in the Magna Charta, 1215 and Some of their . . ., 5th edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (Third Printing, 2006), 64.
- 15 Wikipedia, "Henry Percy, 3rd Earl of Northumberland", (accessed 02/21/2010).
- 16 Wikipedia, "Margaret Percy (1447)", (accessed 02/21/2010).