Eliphalet Adams Bulkeley
Founder of Aetna Insurance
- 4th Great-grandfather of Eliphalet Adams Bulkeley — 7th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- George Chauncey
- Anne Welsh
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Yardley (now Ardeley), East Hertfordshire, England
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 19 Feb 1671/1672
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Old Burying Ground, Cambridge, Middlesex, Massachusetts
- Spouse Name:
- Catherine Eyre
- Marriage Date:
- 17 Mar 1630
- Marriage Location:
Sarah Chauncey (Ahnentafel No:33 )
2nd President of Harvard College
Although published sources give Rev. Charles Chauncey's birth year as 1592, his tombstone says he was born in 1589. It is also said that he was baptized in NOV 1592 which may explain the year 1592.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Charles Chauncey
- 1 Find A Grave, (accessed 07/01/2020).
- 2 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1924, Vol. 78, p. 99.
- 3 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1856, Vol. 10, pp. 106-120, 251-262.
- 4 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Directory: Immigrants to New England, 1620-1640, A Concise Compendium, Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society (20 15), 62.
- 5 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. VI, R-S , Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 585.
- 6 Mackenzie, George Norbury, ed., Colonial Families of the United States of America, Vol. 7, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1966, originally published 1912), 126.
- 7 Roberts, Gary Boyd, "#48 Royal Descents, Notable Kin, and Printed Sources: The Ancestry of Novelist Thomas Pyncho n", (accessed 11/28/2018).
- 8 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 187.
- 9 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants to the American Colonies, Quebec, or the United States ( 2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (2018), 806.