Francis H. Underwood
Founder of the Atlantic Monthly
- 5th Great-grandmother of Francis H. Underwood — 8th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Nicholas Wood
- Mary Pidge
- Birth Date:
- 25 Dec 1642
- Birth Location:
- Roxbury (now Boston), Suffolk, Massachusetts
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 29 Sep 1678
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Thomas Bass
- Marriage Date:
- 4 Oct 1660
- Marriage Location:
- Medfield, Norfolk, Massachusetts
John Bass (Ahnentafel No:74 )
Some published sources give Sarah Wood's birth date as 01 OCT 1642, but they don't list a source. It might be true if the 25 DEC 1642 date given in church records is actually a baptism date and not a birth date.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Sarah Wood
- 1 Massachusetts, Town Clerk, Vital and Town Records, 1626-2001, Marriage record for Thomas Bass and Sarah Wood.
- 2 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Roxbury, Vol. 1, p. 392, Birth or baptism records for Mary and Sarah Wood (twins).
- 3 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1886, Vol. 40, p. 324.
- 4 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 1, A-F, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 125-126.
- 5 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 3, P-W, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 1465.
- 6 Bass, Charissa Taylor, Descendants of Deacon Samuel and Ann Bass, Freeport, IL: Privately printed (1940), 5, 11-12.