Founder of the American Red Cross
- 3rd Great-grandmother of Clara Barton — 6th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- William Towne
- Joanna Blessing
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1640
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 3 Sep 1648
- Christening Location:
- Salem, Essex, Massachusetts
- Death Date:
- BY 1704
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Edmund Bridges Jr.
- Marriage Date:
- 11 Jan 1659/1660
- Marriage Location:
- Topsfield, Essex, Massachusetts
Hannah Bridges (Ahnentafel No:17 )
Sarah Towne was accused of witchcraft during the Salem Witch Trials in 1692 but escaped execution.
Additional marriages for Sarah Towne
- Peter Cloyce
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Sarah Towne
- 1 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, OCT 1930, Vol. 84, Page 404.
- 2 Anderson, Robert Charles and others, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. I, A-B< /a>, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1999), 391.
- 3 Barton, William E., The Life of Clara Barton: Founder of the American Red Cross, Vol. 1, Boston and New York: Houghton Mifflin Company (1922), 12.
- 4 Davis, Walter Goodwin, The Ancestry of Dudley Wildes, Portland, ME: Anthoensen Press (1959), 114, [Christening].
- 5 Davis, Walter Goodwin, The Ancestry of Dudley Wildes, Portland, ME: Anthoensen Press (1959), 114, [Death].
- 6 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 213.