Founder of the American Red Cross
- 3rd Great-grandmother of Clara Barton — 6th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- John Bigelow
- Mary Warren
- Birth Date:
- 29 Sep 1659
- Birth Location:
- Watertown, Middlesex, Massachusetts
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Isaac Learned
- Marriage Date:
- 23 Jul 1679
- Marriage Location:
- Sherborn, Middlesex, Massachusetts
Ebenezer Learned (Ahnentafel No:22 )
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Sarah Bigelow
- 1 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Sherborn Marriages, Vol. 1, Page 149.
- 2 Barry, William, A History of Framingham, Massachusetts, Including the Plantation, from 1640 to the Present Ti me, Boston: James Munroe and Company (1847), 315.
- 3 Barton, William E., The Life of Clara Barton: Founder of the American Red Cross, Vol. 1, Boston and New York: Houghton Mifflin Company (1922), 14.
- 4 Bond, Henry, Family Memorials: Genealogies of the Families and Descendants of the Early Settlers of Watert own, Massachusetts, Vol. 1, Boston: Little, Brown & Company (1855), 29.
- 5 Howe, Gilman Bigelow, Genealogy of the Bigelow Family of America, from the Marriage in 1642 of John Biglo and Mar y Warren to the Year 1890, Worcester, Massachusetts: Printed by Charles Hamilton (1890), 22.
- 6 Learned, William Law, comp., The Learned Family (Learned, Larned, Learnard, Larnard and Lerned) Being Descendants of Willi am Learned . . . 2nd Ed., Albany: Weed-Parsons Printing Company, Printers (1898), 31-34, 473.
- 7 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 213.
- 8 Smith, Dean Crawford, The Ancestry of Eva Belle Kempton, 1878-1908: Part 1, The Ancestry of Warren Francis Kempto n 1817-1879, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1996), 473.
- 9 Wells-Cushing, Gertrude W., Genealogy of the Wells Family and Families Related, Milwaukee: S.E. Tate and Company, Printers (1903), 69.