Musician, Film Composer
- 8th Great-grandfather of Mark Isham — 11th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Edward Morris
- Prudence Heath
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 22 Jan 1632
- Christening Location:
- Great Amwell, Hertfordshire, England
- Death Date:
- 14 Sep 1689
- Death Location:
- Woodstock, Windham, Connecticut
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Woodstock Hill Cemetery, Woodstock, Windham, Connecticut
- Spouse Name:
- Grace Bett
- Marriage Date:
- 20 Nov 1655
- Marriage Location:
- Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts
Grace Morris (Ahnentafel No:873 )
- William Richard Cutter in his "Genealogical and Personal Memoirs Relating to the Families of the State of Massachusetts," (New York: 1910), gives an incorrect account of Lieut. Edward Morris's origins. Tyler Seymour Morris in his "Ephraim and Pamela (Converse) Morris: Their Ancestors and Descendants," (Chicago: 1894), also gives an incorrect account of Lieut. Edward Morris's origins. Edward Morris may be the son of Thomas and Grissie (Hewsome) Morris of Waltham Holy Cross Abbey in the county of Sussex, England and was born in August 1630.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Edward Morris
- 2 Boston, MA: Births, Baptisms, Marriages, and Deaths, 1630-1699, Marriage record for Edward Morris and Grace Bett, Page 53.
- 3 Cemetery Transcriptions from the NEHGS Manuscript Collections, (2002), Cemetery record for Lieut. Edward Morris, Page 195985.
- 4 Find A Grave, (accessed 05/10/2011).
- 5 Find A Grave, (accessed 05/14/2012).
- 6 U.S., Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970, Application for Frederick Loren Clark, SAR National #8115.
- 7 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. III, G- H, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2003), 302.
- 8 Child, Elias, Genealogy of the Child, Childs and Childe Families, of the Past and Present in the United Sta tes and the Canadas, Utica, NY: Curtiss and Childs, Printers (1881), 70.
- 9 Cutter, William Richard, Genealogical and Personal Memoirs Relating to the Families of the State of Massachusetts, Vol ume 1, New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company (1910), 161-162.
- 10 Johnson, Paul Franklin, et. al., Genealogy of Captain John Johnson of Roxbury, Massachusetts: Generations I to XIV, Los Angeles, California: Privately printed by The Commonwealth Press, Inc. (1951), 15.
- 11 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 36.