Musician, Film Composer
- 9th Great-grandmother of Mark Isham — 12th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Walter Haynes
- Elizabeth -----
- Birth Date:
- BY 2 Mar 1620/1621
- Birth Location:
- prob. Semley or Sutton Mandeville, Wiltshire, England
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 22 Jul 1682
- Death Location:
- Watertown, Middlesex, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Nathaniel Treadway
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1639
- Marriage Location:
- prob. Watertown, Middlesex, Massachusetts
Lydia Treadway (Ahnentafel No:1735 )
Sufferance Haynes's given name also seen as Sufferana.
Claims that Sufferance was the daughter of Edward Howe of Watertown, Massachusetts, have been shown to be false. She is the daughter of Walter Haynes and is mentioned in his will, and the will of his mother Mrs. Alice Haynes.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Sufferance Haynes
- 1 Baltimore: Its History and Its People, Vol. II - Biography, New York and Chicago: Lewis Historical Publishing Company (1912), 451.
- 2 MASSOG: A Genealogical Magazine for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Massachusetts Society of Genealogists, Inc., 2012, Vol. 36, No. 1, pp. 30-31.
- 3 NEHGS NEXUS: New England Across the United States, 1997, Vol. 14, p. 148.
- 4 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1911, Vol. 65, pp. 295-297.
- 5 Barry, William, A History of Framingham, Massachusetts, Including the Plantation, from 1640 to the Present Ti me, Boston: James Munroe and Company (1847), 423.
- 6 Bond, Henry, Genealogies of the Families and Descendants of the Early Settlers of Watertown, Massachusett s . . ., 2nd ed., Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic-Genealogical Society (1860), 457.
- 7 Cutter, William Richard, Historic Homes and Places and Genealogical and Personal Memoirs Relating to the Families of M iddlesex Co., Mass., Vol. 4, New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company (1908), 1485.
- 8 Cutter, William Richard, ed., New England Families, Genealogical and Memorial: A Record of the Achievements of . . . Volum e 2, New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company (1913), 742.
- 9 Haynes, Frances, ed., Walter Haynes of Sutton Mandeville, Wiltshire, England, and Sudbury, Massachusetts and His De scendants, 1583-1928, Haverhill, Massachusetts: Record Publishing Company (1929), 57-58.
- 10 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 87.
- 11 Smith, Dean Crawford, The Ancestry of Eva Belle Kempton, 1878-1908: Part 1, The Ancestry of Warren Francis Kempto n 1817-1879, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1996), 452-461.