TV and Movie Actor
- 5th Great-grandmother of Paul Giamatti — 8th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- (probable) Micajah Morrill
- (probable) Hannah Hackett
- Birth Date:
- 23 Dec 1752
- Birth Location:
- Salisbury, Essex, Massachusetts
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 9 Nov 1824
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Pine Hill Cemetery, Dover, Strafford, New Hampshire
- Spouse Name:
- Jacob Currier
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
- Hampstread, Rockingham, New Hampshire
Jacob Morrill Currier
Daniel Little Currier
Deborah Currier (Ahnentafel No:93 )
There are two Hannah Morrills with both born about 1752, married in 1770, and died in 1824. One married Benjamin Merrill and the other Jacob Currier. Published sources have claimed both of these Hannahs as daughters of Micajah and Hannah (Hackett) Morrill. Since both marriages overlap, we know that they are two separate women. However, Hannah (Morrill) Currier named one of her sons Micajah Currier which would support this Hannah as the daughter of Micajah and Hannah (Hackett) Morrill.
Hannah also does not appear to have married second Daniel Little as is sometimes claimed. The chronology of the children seem to make that impossible.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Hannah Morrill
- 1 Daughters of the American Revolution Genealogical Research System, Ancestor #A028727 and #A080789.
- 2 Gravestone image at FindAGrave.com, (accessed 05/22/2020).
- 3 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Salisbury, Vol. 1, p. 168, Birth record for Hannah Morrill.
- 4 New Hampshire Birth Records, Early to 1900, Birth record for son Jacob Morrill Currier.
- 5 New Hampshire Birth Records, Early to 1900, Birth record for son Daniel Little Currier.
- 6 New Hampshire Birth Records, Early to 1900, Birth record for son Micajah Currier.
- 7 New Hampshire Marriage Records, 1637-1947, Marriage record for Jacob Currier and Hannah Morrill, no date given but recorded about 1770.
- 8 North American Cemetery Transcriptions from NEHGS Manuscripts, 1642-1977, MSS A 2835, Vol. 1, p. 30, Cemetery records for family of Jacob and Hannah Currier.
- 9 Currier, Richard Sawyer, Genealogical History of the Currier Family, Montpelier, Vermont: Capital City Press (1935), 32.
- 10 Hoyt, David W., The Old Families of Salisbury and Amesbury, Massachusetts, With Some Related Families of Adjoining Towns and . . . Vol. 3, Providence, Rhode Island: Snow and Farnham Co., Printers (1916), 913, 927.
- 11 Smith, Annie Morrill, Morrill Kindred in America: An Account of the Descendants of Abraham Morrill of Salisbury, . . ., Vol. 2, New York: The Grafton Press (1931), 35, gives Hannah's spouse as Benjamin Merrill.